I write a good deal about Sherlock Holmes and wanted to gather a few of the more useful online resources I’ve utilized in one place. Even more can be found in my Delicious bookmarks.
- Universal Sherlock Holmes – Ronald Burt De Waal and George Vanderburgh’s famous Holmes bibliography.
Searching for Sherlock – A Sherlock Holmes concordance.
- How to use AntConc to create a Sherlockian concordance and perform other analyses on the canon.
- Quotable Sherlock Holmes – A PDF of this now out-of-print but indispensible collection of quotations.
- SHERLOCK – A Database of Sherlockian Pastiches, Parodies and Related Fiction
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Manuscripts and Facsimiles – A checklist of ACD’s manuscripts.
- London of Sherlock Holmes – A Google Maps project with precise and imprecise locations, travel routes, and sites of interest.
- Crime Scene Sketches – Thomas Hanratty’s blueprints for the crime scenes of several Sherlock Holmes stories.
- Sherlockian.net – One of the best sources of Sherlock Holmes/Arthur Conan Doyle materials with etexts of all the Holmes stories.
- Baker Street Irregulars Archive – An archival finding aid for Harvard’s collection of historical BSI materials: correspondence, manuscripts, photographs, etc.
- Solar Pons.com – Robert Byrne’s site devoted to August Derleth’s Solar Pons pastiches features annotations for almost every story and gazettes filled with essays and information about the great detective.
- Blakiana – A site devoted to England’s other popular Baker Street detective, Sexton Blake.
- Casebook: Jack the Ripper – The definitive Jack the Ripper site.
Texts and Images
- Camden House – All the stories with a great collection of illustrations and other Sherlockian material.
- Diogenes Club – One of the best Sherlockian resources on the Web–primary and secondary texts, bibliographies, filmographies, etc.
- Art in the Blood – Sherlock Holmes site with lots of unexpected items, including materials on all the Paget brothers, Arthur Morrison, and Solar Pons.
- Victorian and Edwardian Mysteries – A large collection of short stories in PDF format.
- Gaslight – A digital collection of Victorian and Edwardian mystery, horror, and adventure stories.
News and Further Information
- Scuttlebutt from the Spermaceti Press – Peter Blau’s extremely comprehensive, monthly Sherlockian newsletter.
- I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere – A podcast and blog for all things Sherlockian.
- Baker Street Babes – An excellent source for news and fan activity, features a very informative and entertaining podcast.
- Sherlockian.net – Christopher Redmond’s comprehensive site.
- Sherlock Holmes Fan – A fun site with lots of information from Meghashyam Chirravoori.